My name is Edward A. Gray. I will be running for U.S. Senate in 2024. I will replace Rick Scott who represents Florida. Below you will find my platform. If you have any specific questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
- Make America energy independent once again. The environment is important to everyone. The idea to move into a renewable energy is a good one. Until you a have a viable alternative to trying to force a nation off its reliance of gas and oil is ludicrous.
- Bring back line item veto to the President.
- Any bill introduced it must be able to stand on its own. (No more pork!)
- States should be responsible for those sent to Washington. They should not be federal employees they should be paid for by the states they represent. The state could then set their pay. All Congress and Senate representatives; Healthcare, Retirement package, housing and stipen.
- Term limits for all elected officials.These jobs where never intended to be careers. The original intention was regular Americans would fill these rolls so everyone’s voice could be heard.
- Change our antiquated tax code
- Downsize government, allow states to set up their own agencies they need instead of the federal government using blanket agencies to cover the country. What is needed in New York isn’t what’s needed in Idaho.
- Gun laws. The 2nd amendment is absolute. Remove all gun laws. Criminals don’t register their guns. Criminals don’t apply for gun permits. The only people affect by gun laws are law abiding citizens. By enacting gun laws the government has taken away the only way law abiding citizens can protect themselves.
Our children go to learn reading, science, history and math. They shouldn’t be learning how to hide from an active shooters. They shouldn’t be learning a teacher’s political views or their sexual preferences. Parents are legally responsible for a child until that child is old enough to make decisions on their own which by law is 18 years old in many states 21 in others. Let’s stop with the political games used by both parties. Get rid of the idiotic “gun free zones”. Allow teachers and staff the ability to be trained in the use of firearms, if they desire. Allow schools the right to hire security, if they feel the need. Let’s secure our schools for the future, together.
We fought a revolution against what was an unfair taxation by government. In many states people are feeling the same thing all over again. We need to look at reducing taxes, reducing government spending and making a fair tax code all can agree on. We can look at the fair tax proposal and the flat tax proposal. This must be decided by the people. We can change our current taxation so everyone doesn’t feel this government is burdening us with over-taxation. You can find a breakdown of these proposals on the “Taxes” page.
We must have term limits for all elected positions. We need to institute “term limits” for all elected officials. These positions were never meant to be a career. The country was founded on the principal that it was supppose to be run “by the people, for the people and especially of the people.”
It’s firmly believed that we have a proper way for people wanting to immigrate to the United States. We are a nation built on law and order. This mass immigration influx is a slap in the face to those that are going through the proper channel to immigrate to the United States. Many say we need to fix our immigration policies. Let’s look at the possibilities and ideas. What we are seeing isn’t working.
We must finish building the wall at our southern border to ensure our borders are secured. We need to support our Border Patrol and ICE agencies. Just like there limited entry points (i.e. doors) on your house we need to apply the same principle to our borders.
There must be a cooperation between the states and the federal government to fix and repair our roads, bridges and highways. We have seen through multiple administrations the talk of fixing our infrastructure but nothing substantial has been done.
We also need to look at the beginning of a new era in transportation. There are builders and developers working on flying vehicles that can potentially relieve our problems with traffic. We must set up some type of standard so we aren’t caught off gaurd.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
I want you to join my group on MeWe: https://mewe.com/join/edwardagrayforussenate